The Climb Advanced Program for Upper Elementary and Middle School Students
Lead Instruction by Mary Joy Nelson, Danny Miller
With Workshops and Classes with Special Guest Artists, including:
Broadway Star Patrick Garr
University of Kentucky’s Nancy Jones
Musical Theatre Performer, Labon and Ballroom Dance Expert Nathan Allan
InnOVATION Conservatory features a hybrid approach. Students who opt for in-person classes will take turns participating in classes, alternating between online classes and in-person classes. Students who opt to be online only will receive the same classes, participate in the same productions (by submitting videos of scenes that are rehearsed online) and will not be lonely, as in "hybrid mode," we rotate who is online and who is in-person, so that in-person students are sometimes online, taking class with the online-only students. Certain masterclasses will be online only. In-person students will wear a face mask and distance at all times while in the building.
Class Schedule: 2:30-5:30pm on Sundays (Spring 2021)
January 24 - April 18, 2021
Without Musical production: $440 or $110/mo for 4 months (Jan-Apr
With Musical production: $700 or $175/mo for 4 months (Jan-Apr)
For Advanced Middle School and Upper Elementary Students. A dynamic training class that
introduces students to individual audition techniques, advanced group acting training, and
song and dance. The Climb is designed to give our middle school students the tools to
“climb to the top” of their goals as a performer. Students will receive:
1. Individual audition training and intensive acting and vocal training using various methods
with Mary Joy Nelson.
2. Group training in acting for stage and on camera with Jeff Day or another film acting instructor.
3. Musical theatre and jazz choreography with Danny Miller.
4. Dynamic guest teachers and master clinicians.
• Students who have previously taken The Climb may register without an interview.
• Mid-year entrance is not allowed without permission from the Executive Director. Students entering mid-year must commit to participating for the full semester and may have remedial projects/study.
• Students in The Climb are required to register separately for: Monday Intermediate
Dance, Monday Junior Advanced Musical Theatre Dance, or Saturday Jazz/MT
Entrance Interviews (for new students): email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an
01/24/2021, 01/31/2021, 02/07/2021, 02/14/2021, 02/21/2021, 02/28/2021, 03/07/2021, 03/14/2021, 03/21/2021, 03/28/2021, 04/04/2021, 04/11/2021, 04/18/2021
Participants must currently be in grades 3 to 12.
Registration starts on 01/01/2021 and ends on 04/18/2021.
Please contact InnOVATION Arts Academy if you have any questions.